If you’re Minnesotans like we are at Tony’s Lifetime Exteriors, you know all too well that our climate is… unique, to put it lightly. From our sweltering summers to wildly capricious autumns, the people and the structures that call this state home have a whole lot to put up with if they want to remain there long. Most notable of all, though, especially to those from out of state, is the degree of harshness inherent to our winters. It gets cold enough here to gum up diesel fuel, and it’s not uncommon to have to wade through the snow to get to the bus stop, even after the plows have come through. Indeed, anything here must be made of tough stuff in order to take the wintertimes!
That, of course, includes your roofing. Your roof serves an important function, after all—it protects your family from the elements outside and can aid in keeping your home safe and warm. Without a strong roof from a competent roofing contractor, no family, no matter how Minnesotan they are, could stand even a single rainy summer here, let alone a frigid winter! Such roofing can contribute to a variety of health hazards, including illness from mold problems and direct physical injury.
Don’t start to panic just yet, though; if your roofing was installed by local roofing companies who know both the climate and their craft, you’ve most likely got nothing to worry about. Indeed, if your roofing was done by Tony’s Lifetime Exteriors of Sauk Rapids, your roof will stand strong throughout the colder months, provided you’ve properly cared for it. Our expertise, knowledge of the climate, and service-minded approach to business make us ideal for Minnesota residential roofing projects everywhere.
- We’ve been open for business since 1973. Since the 70s, we’ve been working hard to cater to your roofing needs. Over the years, we’ve refined our techniques, learned from industry advancements, and changed our approaches to doing business in order to better serve you. In fact, nearly all of our teams are in-house, an aspect we’ve learned through experience that, in a majority of situations, delivers better results than outsourcing.
- We’re Minnesotans through and through. Being based in Sauk Rapids and having served Minnesota for decades, we know the climate like the back of our hands. We know how wild things get around here, and we’ve worked in this climate long enough to master roofing techniques that can defend against it. When you need a Minnesotan roofing job, hire a Minnesotan roofing contractor!
- We’re dedicated to serving you. Working in roofing is more than climbing up there and hammering shingles down; it’s helping the customer through a very significant investment and showing them the roofing option that’s perfect for their unique situation. At Tony’s Lifetime Exteriors, we’re devoted to our customers, providing clear answers to any question and helping you find exactly what you need, even if it isn’t with us.
Indeed, pursuing a local roof repair and roofing contractor company for your roof like us is crucial to upholding your roof through Minnesota’s harsh winter climate. However, that being said, some roofing types possess inherent qualities that make them better fits for Minnesota winters than others. So what’s a roofing contractor’s top pick for your new Minnesotan roof?
Metal Roofing: A Top-Notch Choice for the Savvy Minnesotan
Metal roofing is our top-quality recommendation for the weather-conscious Minnesotan household (read: all of them!). Though every situation is unique and asphalt roofing too has its merits, metal roofing really shines in a cold climate.
- Its slippery nature means you won’t need to deal with much snow load. While houses here should be constructed to handle the snow so endemic to the area, too much of it is bad for any roofing. There’s no need to put excessive stress on it, after all! Metal roofing is smooth, unlike other roofing types, meaning snow is likely to slide right off of it instead of contributing to additional structural strain. If you’re worried about excessive snow accumulating on your landscaping as a result, think about investing in snow retention systems to compensate.
- Unparalleled strength for an unparalleled climate. There’s no question about it: nothing is stronger than metal. If you need a roof fit to stand up against our wintertime sleet and high winds, look no further than metal roofing.
- Low-fuss maintenance requirements make this roofing ideal. You’ve already got enough on your plate when it comes to around-the-house maintenance; if anything falls behind, our harsh climate is sure to let you know! Metal roofing is shockingly low maintenance when compared to other roofing types, so if our crazy weather has you running ragged to keep on top of exterior chores, metal roofing might just be the solution.